Singing and acting, German/Italian Repertoire
- October 2nd, 2019 - March 2nd, 2020 (winter semester)
- April 2nd, 2020 - July 13th, 2020 (summer semester)
- 1-3 vocal students
- German Repertoire (Lortzing - Mozart – Wagner) and Italian Repertoire (Monteverdi – Mozart – Bellini).
- role studies, ensemble studies; work on recitatives, accurate understanding of texts and sheet music, discussion of style and musical Gestus (gestures/attitude).
- Theatrical and musical performance
- Phonetics, dialogue training.
A small production takes place at the theatre of the Musikhochschule at the end of the winter semester.
At the end of the summer semester, a big opera production is staged with a professional orchestra and conductor, with a total of 9 performances at the academy's own theatre (450 seats).
The subject of theatrical and musical performance is taught jointly by the theatrical performance lecturer and the lecturer for role studies. Exchange of views on key issues in music and staging. Interpretation of roles (character development), physical training.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Prof. Willem Wentzel (Head of Music)
- Prof. Siegfried Schwab (German Repertoire)
- Fausto Nardi (Italian Repertoire)
- Possible participation in modern music theatre productions.
- A course in MusikTheaterRegie (MTR, music theatre direction).
- A visit to a German language school.
- Exchange and collaboration with MTR students.
9 - 14 teaching hours per week
20 ECT (Aprox)
Description of the final examination
- Theatrical-musical performance of two music theatre scenes (aria and ensemble).
- Participation in an opera production.
communication languages GE/EN
Academy of music: Hamburg
Language training: English, German