Name and place of institution
Haute Ecole de Musique de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland.
Periods of the EOA module in 2017-2018
- September 18th, 2017 – December 15th, 2017*
(with possibility to extend until January 26th, 2018)
- February 19th, 2018 - May 19th, 2018*
* Full time Module for students currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
- 2 or 3 weeks period** to choose in the semesters above between September 18th, 2017 and May 19th, 2018
** Intensive Module for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
Description of the module
- Strategy of auditioning
- Career strategy
- Construction of a target repertoire according to the purpose of the auditions
- Vocal technique and style coaching
- Phonetics and operatic diction
- Preparation of the auditions
- Knowledge of the international operatic world
- Simulation of the auditions
- Training for participation in Vocal Competitions
- Auditions for Swiss and International professional partners
- Individual follow-up and personalized advice
Speciality of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
Full methodology programme concerning the preparation of all kind of auditions for Opera Houses, Agencies, Opera Studios, Vocal Competitions, etc. Individual teaching with full recognition of the artistic potential and possibilities of each student in agreement with the international professional context.
Meetings with the recognized personalities of the operatic world and auditions for Swiss and international professional partners.
Names of the Professors of this module
- Marcin Habela (career strategy)
- Nina Uhari, Réginald Le Reun (preparation of the auditions and style coaching)
- Laurent Pillot, René Massis, Melody Louledjian (methodology of the auditioning)
- Marie Devellereau, James Alexander, Sacha Michon (phonetics and operatic diction)
- Vocal technique and style coaching: students choose one of the Vocal Department professors: Gilles Cachemaille, Maria Diaconu, Jeanne Roth, Stuart Patterson, Marcin Habela
Possible extras in addition to the module
- Preparation of an entire role from opera repertoire: Nina Uhari.
- Grotowski’s Actor Training, Marc Mayoraz.
- History of contemporary opera, Brice Pauset
- Masterclass and seminars
- Chamber music
Number of EOA students
Min. 1 student, max. 3 students.
Number of ECTS credits within Master's accreditation
Duration of the EOA module
Full time: 3 months (or possibility of 4 months only in Wintersemester)
Intensive: 2 or 3 weeks (not available for Erasmus exchange students)
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module
Full time module: 100 hours
Intensive module: (not available for Erasmus exchange students) 21 hours of individual teaching (excluding Masterclasses and group activities)
- Application deadline: June 30th, 2017.
- Application deadline Erasmus exchange: June 30th, 2017.
- Please include a link to a video as well as a c.v. in your application.
Entrance examination: in Geneva, t.b.a.
Required repertoire: 4 different pieces from the international operatic repertoire.
Description of the final examination
Progress examination and final simulation of the auditions
Total expenses of the EOA module per student
Full time Module : free for students in Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme).
Intensive Module : CHF 1000,00 for students outside Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme); not available for Erasmus exchange students).* **
* Prices do not include travel or living expenses.
** Prices are only applicable for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master's or third cycle degree.
Academy of music: Geneva
Period: winter, spring, autumn